By-Laws of the
Tea Party Patriots of Luna County New Mexico, USA
I. The name of the organization shall be known as:
Tea Party Patriots of Luna County
II. Board of Directors
1. Excluded eligibility to the Tea Party Patriots of Luna County Executive Offices, shall be any person who holds current elected, assigned or appointed office as an Executive Officer with any organized or recognized political party.
2. The Board of Directors shall serve without pay and consist of seven (7) members.
3. Board members shall serve a one (1) year term, or as determined by the membership.
4. Vacancies shall be filled by the board, with recommendation of the Executive Chairperson, during times of vacation and or illness.
5. Board members with a total of three (3) consecutive absences from meetings without justification shall be dismissed from the board. Vacation time or excused absences shall not be considered as dismissible.
1. The Officers of the Board shall consist of a Chairperson, Vice chairperson, Recording Secretary, Treasure, Parliamentarian, Corresponding Secretary, and Historian.
2. Elected Officers will serve a term of one (1) year.
3. Duties of the first four offices listed above shall be:
(a) The Chairperson shall preside at all Board meetings, appoint committee members, and perform other duties as associated with the position.
(b) The Vice Chairperson shall assume the duties of the Chair in case of the Chair’s absence.
(c) The Recording Secretary shall be responsible for the minutes of all meetings, keep all approved minutes in a book, and keep the Chair informed of all correspondence.
(d) The Treasure shall keep a record of the Organizations financial matters and prepare finical reports for the General meetings.
(e) The Board shall be responsible for appointing the Corresponding Secretary, and Historian.
1. The Board may appoint standing and ad hoc committees as needed.
1. Regular meetings shall be held on the second and fourth Thursday of the month, or as determined by a vote of the membership in attendance at a regular meeting. Meetings shall start promptly at 6 pm.
2. Special meetings may be held at any time when called for by the Chairperson or a majority of Board members.
3. Agendas shall be available at all meetings and on the WEB Page.
1. (a) A majority of Board members constitutes a quorum.
(b) In absence of a quorum, no formal action shall be taken except to adjourn the meting to a subsequent date and time.
2. Passage of a motion requires a simple majority (i.e., one more than half the members present).
1. Board members shall serve a one year term from January 1 thru December 31 (calendar year).
2. Nominations for elected positions shall take place during the month of September of the prior year.
3. The month of October shall be utilized for campaigning for elected positions.
4. Elections shall take place in the month of November, with newly elected officers taking office on January 1 and serving thru December 31 of the same year.
5. Elections shall be by ballot for the five elected positions.
VIII. Conflict of Interest
1. Any member of the board who has financial, personal, or official interest in, or conflict (or appearance of a conflict) with any matter pending before the Board, of such nature that it prevents or may prevent that member form acting on a matter in an impartial manner, will offer to the Board to voluntarily excuse themselves and will vacate their seat and refrain from discussion an voting on said item.
IX. Fiscal Policies
1. The fiscal year of the Board shall be one (1) year or as determined by the membership, start date to end one year from date elected.
2. Any and all funds collected at any and all meetings shall be counted in front of the membership by the treasure, and followed by a recount by the Secretary.
1. These By-Laws may be amended by a two thirds vote of Board members present at any meeting, provided a quorum is present an provided a copy of the proposed amendment(s) are provided to each Board member at least one week prior to said meeting.
1. At the discretion of the board, any rude, disruptive or inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated at our meetings. And whom ever does so will be asked to cease the before mentioned. If they continue, they will be asked to leave the meeting.